Please send resume to Hana Kim: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
· Supports human resources activities within the organization to include recruiting, employee relations, safety, payroll, facilities, and IT
· Interprets and applies programs, policies, and procedures and ensures compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations, if applicable, to include Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act, etc
· Processes employment-related activities including hiring, terminations, I-9 process, DOL unemployment claims, and others as needed
· Coaches supervisors and managers on policies and practices, performance issues, disciplinary actions, terminations, and conflicts, etc.
· Counsel employees on performance, career planning, work/life balance and other topics
· Recommends and implements human resources process and policy changes
· Compiles and analyzes human resources process metrics, analyzes results and recommends improvements
· Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates
· Ensures accuracy and completeness of workforce information in human resource information systems.
· Maintains highly confidential employee information and documents
· Prepares correspondence, technical reports, status reports and other documentation pertaining to human resources programs and activities
· Manage review, and implementation of HRIS system
· Assists with the other employee-related work, projects, and events as needed, i.e. wellness initiatives, diversity, etc.
· Collaborate with legal counsel and/or HR Manager as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned or required
· Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental and vision, STD, LTD, Basic Life, Voluntary insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits
· Key point of contact for employee benefits questions; providing benefits information and answering questions in a timely manner, resolve employee escalations
· Partner with benefits brokers and/or any TPA plan representative to ensure plans, practices and policies are compliant with applicable state and federal regulations, are cost effective and meet company strategic goals
· Prepare employee communication materials related to employee benefits
· Manage annual Open Enrollment process and all related communications and training
· Make sure that all benefits are up and running at all times.
· Manage benefits during new hire process, life status changes and at separation.
· Daily administration of employee benefits plans; monitoring Team Member benefits eligibility, and assist in on boarding and off boarding as it relates to benefits
· Administers COBRA
· Manage Retirement Plan maintenance (requirements and compliance, general loan program, hardship withdrawals, annual audit, etc.).
· Maintain accuracy of benefit plan invoices and prepare for approval
· Prepares benefit insurance-related reports, records and audits as necessary
· Primary point of contact for all Leave of Absence (LOA) activity
· Coordinate of all leaves of absences, including STD, LTD, FML (continuous & intermittent) and ADAAA
· Provide LOA policy counsel to HR and management, approve/deny leave requests, determine eligibility
· Responsible for managing leave of absence verification, analysis and record keeping, in accordance with laws, policies, and procedures
· Communicate approvals, denials, leave extensions, re-certifications, return to work plans and other relevant information regarding the leave to employee, HR and management as appropriate
· Ensure understanding of leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work)
· Support the administration of ADAAA including: classify, determine eligibility, approve accommodations, coordinate applicable accommodations including integration with state and federal laws
· Work with employee, HR, and management on determining ADAAA accommodations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience
· 5-7 years of progressive experience in the Human Resource role
· Experience administering FMLA, Military Leaves, ADAAA; current knowledge requirements
· Experience administering Health and Welfare benefits
· PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus
· CEBS certification a plus
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Experienced with ADP and SAP preferred
· Demonstrated skills in database maintenance and record keeping.
· Strong understanding of HRIS
· Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Maintains a strong knowledge of state and federal labor laws, and current HR practices
· Must have strong verbal, writing, and technical skills
· Strong Analytical/Problem solving abilities
- Strong consultative, interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Role requires the ability to be collaborative, build relationships and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated client service and/or support orientation
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Proactive approach to problem solving and solutions oriented
· Must demonstrate teamwork and the ability to partner with others to get things done
· Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to employees on all levels
· Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment when needed and prioritize work activities on a daily basis
· Must have highest level of confidentiality