Low Voltage Technician
Low Voltage Technician
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Low Voltage Technician must possess the skills required to function as a contributing member of a technical team. Typically, the Technician I possess zero (0) to one (1) year of experience in the structured cabling industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Low Voltage Technician will install a work area outlet for wall, floor and modular furniture (i.e. surface mount box). Drop cable down a wall using fish tape/rod or other method. Route cable through modular furniture. Perform pre-termination procedures: organize, form, dress cables and determine length, slack and label cables. Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook, D-rings, etc.
- Low Voltage Technician will build closets (Mount and install backboards, cable ladders, racks, patch panels, and hardware)
- Low Voltage Technician will terminate low-voltage devices.
- Low Voltage Technician adheres to all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
- Low Voltage Technician will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge/Experience with the Following Tools (Provided by the company):
- Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves.
- Network Termination Tools: Punch down, data crimp (RJ11/45), cable toner, pair tester.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Low Voltage Technician must be able to work in an outdoor or indoor construction work environment.
- Low Voltage Technician must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Low Voltage Technician must behave professionally toward vendors, clients and business partners.
- Low Voltage Technician must possess proven problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and communicate verbally.
- Low Voltage Technician must be able to work at heights, off a ladder or scissor lift and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Low Voltage Technician must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- Low Voltage Technician must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Regular and reliable job attendance required.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in telecommunications or related technical field.
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Basic construction industry knowledge preferred.
- Must learn to effectively use the listed tools.
- Ability to meet Company minimum driving standards preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday